Irrigation Leak in Cape Coral | How to Save Money and Still Have a Nice Yard
Having a sprinkler system in your yard can be a great way to maintain the beautiful greenery that you love. But using a lot of water through the sprinklers can also cost you big bucks. Whether you have an irrigation leak in Cape Coral, or you just struggle to stop overwatering, here are some tips to help you save dollars this year.
- Invest in a rain sensor for your irrigation system, so that it won’t automatically overwater your grass.
- Be sure to get irrigation leaks fixed as soon as you see them. The more the sprinkler leaks, the more water you waste.
- Be sure to use a system that is designed for the size of your property. A sprinkler meant for a football field will definitely overwater your small yard.
- Consider the plants in your yard. Only certain plants need daily watering. Trees, grass, and shrubbery don’t need water every day.
- Monitor your sprinkler equipment to be sure it isn’t malfunctioning.
- Be sure your irrigation system changes with your yard. If you plant something new or remove a plant, it will impact what kind of watering you need.
One great way to ensure that you are only using what you need is to get an audit of your water use. During this audit, you may just find some hidden irrigation leak problems. If so, contact us in Cape Coral by calling (239) 244-2345, or contact us online, for round-the-clock assistance.