Roof Leak in Naples | 5 Ways to Protect Weak Spots in the Roof
A leak-free roof is a key part of keeping your home comfortable and safe, but did you know that there are stress points in all roofs? There are certain areas that we often see a developing roof leak in Naples, and doing just a few small things to those weaker points can really help maintain your roof.
- Try adding leak barriers made of waterproof materials anywhere where the roof has an opening or a peak. For example, around a chimney opening, on eaves and dormers, and anywhere the roof has any sort of material penetrating it, such as a ventilation tube.
- Help prevent water from getting in under the edges of the roof by installing metal edging material at the rakes and eaves.
- Using flashing wherever any kind of pipe penetrates the roof to help stop water from getting in through the pipe.
- Wind can often be a reason that shingles near the edge of a roof leak because it can blow them up around the edges. Use underlayment to solve this problem.
- Make sure the attic is well ventilated to prevent humidity from building up and to stop extreme temperatures from affecting the shingles directly above the attic.
These are just five of the ways you can help prevent a roof leak on your home in Naples. Contact the professionals to learn more by calling (239) 244-2345, or get in touch with us online.